A physical – also known as a complete physical or preventive medical exam – is a thorough review of your general well-being. The clinician will review your known medical problems, perform a complete physical examination and make recommendations concerning your health, like diet and exercise, age-appropriate immunizations and cancer screening exams.
An office visit is an appointment to discuss new symptoms or changes to existing problems. This may include prescribing medications (including refills), ordering additional tests like a lab or x-ray, in-office procedures such as an EKG, referrals to specialists or discussing other treatment options.
Your provider will write your prescription with the number of refills he/she feels is safe. You must make an appointment with your physician for a medicine refill check-up two weeks before your medication runs out. At the time of your appointment, your provider will review your medications and write for the appropriate refills. Medication refills will not be authorized over the phone.
Yes, after signing the appropriate authorization. We use MediCopy to produce official copies of patient records. They typically have a two (2) day turnaround time. A fee may be associated with your record request. Click here to fill out a medical records release form.
All patients are encouraged to call with questions they have about their medical problem(s). However, it would be unfair to the patients in the office if their doctor left to answer every telephone call. The clinical office staff has been trained to answer many of your questions. If they are unable to answer your question, they will relay your information and question to the doctor, and your call will be returned or answered at the earliest opportunity.
You should not eat anything after 10 pm the night before having your blood drawn, but make sure to continue drinking water. Water actually helps keep your veins plump and makes drawing blood easier. You should take all your medication as usual, and feel free to brush your teeth.
You should receive information about your referral from either CCMC or the specialist’s office about a week after the referral was ordered. Our referral department handles emergency referrals first, and all other referrals are completed in the order they are received.
We participate with most major insurance carriers. We strongly recommend that you contact the customer service department at your insurance company and verify coverage before services are provided.
Because of the diversity in insurance policies/coverage, we are unable to know what is specifically covered under your individual policy. We strongly encourage you to contact your insurance company directly to clarify your coverage.
Beginning on January 1 of each year, persons on Medicare are responsible for all payments until the deductible is met. The Medicare 2017 deductible is $183. Medicare tracks payments, and beneficiaries are notified on the Medicare Summary Notice when the deductible has been met.
After the deductible is met, Medicare pays 80% of the approved amount of services that are covered benefits under the Medicare program. The remaining 20% is in the form of co-insurance – that is the beneficiary’s responsibility.
Medicare does allow for some screening procedures. For those procedures, please see the time frequency requirements listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: A physical examination is covered ONLY if it takes place within 6 months of becoming eligible for Medicare benefits. All other complete physical examinations are not a covered under the Medicare program.
• PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) Test
• Beneficiaries aged 50 and older are allowed one (1) screening exam every 12 months.
• Pap Smears, Pelvic and Breast Examinations
• Beneficiaries are allowed one (1) screening exam every 2 years.
• Beneficiaries aged 40 and older are allowed one (1) screening exam every 12 months.
• Occult Blood Test
• Beneficiaries aged 50 and older are allowed (1) screening exam every 12 months.
• Colonoscopy Examination
• Beneficiaries are allowed one (1) screening exam every 10 years.